A Summary of Executive Presence, by Joel Garfinkle
Immediately after your payment has been approved,
you will be provided with a link to download this ebook in PDF format.
If you'd like to order a hard copy, please contact Joel directly.
Discounts are available for large orders. Please email me for more information.
When someone says “executive presence,” you probably have an image in your mind: a person who stands out in the crowd, who commands attention when he or she walks into the room. The truth is, almost anyone can develop executive presence and this book will show you how.
Executive presence consists of five key components:
- Business intelligence means that you think strategically about the company and your position in it. You take the long view. You learn the language successful executives speak—the language of finance.
- Risk-taking means moving beyond your comfort zone. Challenge yourself to move beyond self-imposed limitations. Take on projects and responsibilities that will get you noticed.
- Interpersonal relationships mean that you have impeccable communication skills. You know how to speak powerfully. You lead and motivate others by advocating what’s best for the organization, not just for your group or department.
- Performance improvement means consistently operating at a peak performance level. You focus on what matters most and manage stress to maintain a healthy balance between work and personal life.
- Self-development means staying in a state of life-long learning about yourself and your business. Knowing yourself is the first step toward capitalizing on your strengths and minimizing mistakes. You use feedback as a tool to maximizing your full potential as a leader.
Joel’s book reveals 16 important behaviors within these Executive Presence categories. As a well-known executive coach and motivational speaker, Joel has assisted hundreds of clients and organizations in achieving excellence. This book will show you how to move up the corporate ladder quickly and effectively through increased exposure, visibility and self-promotion. Order it today!
Throughout my career at Sprint, Motorola and Cisco, I could always recognize an executive. They exude more confidence, insight and always seemed in control. I always wondered what school teaches people to think, speak and comport themselves like that. Joel Garfinkle has identified that ‘something’ in Executive Presence. You'll learn how to manifest those qualities to expand your career and extend your influence on your organization.
Director of Marketing,
Executive Presence' is an invaluable guide for anyone seeking to enhance their personal and professional growth and success. I quickly found myself thinking and acting like an executive.
This book is an indispensable tool that can be used daily to exercise and enhance your executive presence.
Executive Presence is a must read for anyone who wants to take control of their career path and define their own professional destiny.
The Westfield Group
An essential guide for anyone wishing to take charge of their careers.
Coauthor of the award-winning and bestselling
The 'Executive Presence' workbook is an invaluable resource that I continue to use time and again. It provides a new and effective blueprint for leadership with exercises that reinforce the learning with real-life examples.
Corporate Executive Board